Let’s be honest, Winter is not my fav. By a long shot. I kinda hate the snow. Well only when I’m forced to be in it. But I love it from the comfort of my sofa. And I absolutely hate being cold. Which I’m always cold, so in the Winter my internal temperature just loses its mind. But I live on the east coast so Winter is inevitable. Let’s just be thankful I don’t have to deal with ice anymore (sorry KC followers). Luckily I’m sharing my list of Winter Must-Haves that help me get through each Winter to make it the coziest season yet.
So here it is, 10 Winter Must-Haves For The Coziest Winter Yet,
- I mean obvious, but for the sake of this post… Who in their right mind is braving the east coast Winter breeze with no coat? I mean have you ever walked through NYC during the Winter season. It feels like death, literal Jack freezing in water Titanic death. So please do yourself a favor and get a coat.
- If you’re anything like me and plan out every single outfit from top to bottom and like to focus on the details. If I’m going out to a nice restaurant with the most banging outfit on, I can guarantee you the last thing I’m going to do is throw on a huge parka on over it to totally kill the whole mood. Thankfully they make pretty freaking stylish peacoats which happen to be so stinking warm! A few years ago I purchased a pretty reasonable priced peacoat from Forever 21, that thing lasted me 5+ years. And it was soooo incredibly warm. Double win!
- Blanket Scarf
- These to me are essential. Not only are they huge and can you bury your entire face in it when a huge gust of wind comes to slap you in the face, but also they are super multifunctional. You can wear them so many ways. No I don’t have a specific number for you cuz your girl can’t remember how to tie it those ways, but I’m pretty certain if you searched it on Pinterest things would get pretty creative pretty quick.
- A Beanie
- Beanies are the bees knees. First of all, its Winter, the chances of me actually getting up and trying to do something cute with my hair is slim to none. So being able to throw on a beanie and “fake it” is pretty much a win in my book. So make sure to grab a few, and don’t forget the ones with the super cute fluff balls on top, because nothing completes the Basic Girls Winter Survival Guide like a beanie with a fluff ball on top!
- Cozy Boots
- We’ve arrived at item numero uno on the Basic Girls Winter Survival Guide… UGG BOOTS! Because obviously when its below freezing and snow up to your shins the one thing you want on your feet and actually the absolute worst snow shoes are Uggs. Honestly though, for Winter shoes, they actually suck at trying to walk in the snow. But never mind that because I’ll still slip them on over my leggings on my way out the door this Winter.
- Because what other piece of clothing do you even wear on top in the Winter? Chunky sweaters are my fav! But just make sure you pick up tons, like every color and every style of sweater this season.
- Don’t forget to pick up some gloves to keep those fingers warm. Have you ever tried texting with frozen fingers? It’s like impossible. And how will anyone know I’m out running about in the city if I can’t Insta it because my fingers are cold?!
- Cozy Socks
- Such an essential piece to every Winter wardrobe. Maybe my favorite thing on the list. Because who doesn’t love cozy socks to warm up your toes.
- Riding boots
- Probably one of my most worn item on my Winter Must-Haves list. I wear them with everything. Over my leggings when I want to look like I care what I look like but really don’t, paired with a super cute extra long chunky sweater and jeans. Everything. The possibilities are endless.
- Okay, if I didn’t already say this I’m saying it now. And if I did say this then scratch that other time because this is it. Booties are 100% my favorite thing for the Winter season. Actually cold seasons in general. When it’s below freezing and you’ve got holiday parties to go too nobody’s walking out with their feet all exposed. Booties is the perfect solution. They literally come in every shape style and size perfect for absolutely any occasion.
Okay, I think that just about covers all of my “outerwear” Winter Must-Haves. Be sure to keep a look out for future Blogmas posts on how to stay cozy inside your house.
Hopefully you are enjoying Blogmas and Vlogmas as much as I am! It really puts me into the holiday spirit. And in case you missed the first couple posts here they are!
Also, if you are having issues commenting on my blog posts be sure to sign up or login with Disqus. You won’t be able to comment without it. You can sign up using your email. Just a measure of security to make sure my site doesn’t get hacked! Thank you.
See you tomorrow! Happy Blogmas