May Ipsy Unboxing
My May Ipsy Unboxing is here! It’s the best month of the year (it’s my birthday month!) so I expect my bag to be AMAZING! This month’s bag actually came earlier than usual so I was pretty excited to be able to open this one up and get a post up! I always say that I am going to try to use more of my products from the last month so that I can give a bit of a review but it just never happens. I usually end up loving 1 or 2 items in my bag each month and it usually either becomes part of my makeup routine or a one-hit-wonder.
Last Month’s Products
Jor’el Parker – Fango Mud Therapy
- I completely emptied this product so fast! It even became a part of my nightly routine. And the best part about it was that I actually saw quick results in my skin. It was my first time doing a mud mask and I loved the way it hardened and tightened my face, I could actually feel it working. I haven’t gotten around to it yet, but I will definitely be purchasing a full size of this product and you should too!
Moroccan Oil Treatment
- I already use this product so I haven’t gotten around to actually using my travel size on yet. But I still had to mention this because this is one of the best hair products in my opinion. I will always be sure to have some of this in my collection. I’ll be traveling pretty soon and will definitely have to bring along my travel size from my Ipsy bag along with.
So this month’s bag theme is “Destination Chic”
“Got a case of wanderlust? Grab your girl gang and hit the road with theme must-haves. “
I was really feeling the theme with my bag, which has various landmarks covering it. My wanderlust really kicked in and I decided to throw some of my favorite road-trip must haves in my flatlay.
So surprise to you, I’m making this a double post!
If you have a road trip coming up stay tuned to find out some of my favorite must-have items!
Inside the bag:
Hanalei Lip Treatment
- I am currently trying this product as I write this post. My lips have been so dry lately so this is exactly what I needed! It’s a pretty thick moisturizer and smells pretty good too. So I guess we’ll see if this helps.
- I was really excited when I opened my bag and saw this bronzer because it was such pretty colors. And then I opened the product and swatched them and was a little disappointed. The gold bronzer colors were pretty pigmented and would make a beautiful highlighter on my skin tone but the blush and contour color were not pigmented at all. I really had to grab a lot of products to be able to see anything. I’ll definitely have to give this one another try but I’m not impressed.
Smashbox X-Rated Mascara Volumizer
- I can never have too many mascaras in my collection and I’m always looking forward to try new ones but never actually get around to buying them (oops!). And I love getting the travel size ones for the most obvsious travel reasons, but also to throw in my purse. I currently have one just about everywhere. I keep a mascara in my main two purses as well as an emergency makeup kit I keep in my car. Mascara is one of my favorite makeup products and I love throwing it on with little to no makeup on to make me look more awake. Smashbox is one of my favorite brands for mascara so I can’t wait to try out this product.
Mellow matte lipstick – Nude
- I don’t actually own to many lipsticks as I prefer lipglosses but I’m excited to try this product because I don’t have anything in my collection this color. It’s almost a mauvey-purple color even though the shade is nude. The shade is very pigmented and very matte which I love! Only downside is it smells a little bit like a crayon! 🙁
Eau Thermale Avene Micellar Lotion
- I’m also a little disappointed in this product too. I am pretty sure I have previously been sent something similar to this product by the same brand and haven’t even touched it. So I know that I probably won’t get around to using this and to be honest I’m not even positive what to use it for. But, nevertheless I will keep it close by in the event that I may just happen to reach for it one day and like it!
So it wasn’t the best bag but by far wasn’t the worst and I’m really going to try and use all of the products in this month’s bag.
I hope you enjoyed my May Ipsy Unboxing post and if you love makeup and trying out new products make sure to sign up for you own Ipsy Subscription bag and test out makeup products for only $10 a month. If you’re interested check out the link below to sign up!
Okay, now onto my Road Trip Must-Haves!
Road Trip Must-Haves
I really love road trips but actually get pretty car sick 10 minutes in! LOL. As I was making my flatlay for this photo I found myself grabbing all my favorite road trip essentials and decided it would be a good idea to kill two birds with one stone and do a double post. So here is my list of Road Trip Must-Haves
Sony a5100 Camera
- I’m starting to get more comfortable with vlogging and hopefully am able to editing and posting some vlogs for you all. My camera is one of my most prized possessions. I love bringing it with me just about anywhere I go to capture moments and memories. So when going on a road trip with some of my favorite people this is an absolute must!
- I LOVE COFFEE! I wouldn’t be able to get through a day without it. So when I’m going to be in a car for hours at a time driving and usually with a very uninteresting surrounding coffee is necessary!
- If I don’t bring Dramamine you can count on me sleeping the entire ride, that is unless you want me to get sick. Without my motion sickness pills I wouldn’t be able to do anything in the car.
- I always bring magazines or books along for the ride to keep me or my passengers occupied. Lately I have been loving any Travel, Home Décor or Food and Recipe magazines.
- I’m like a soccer mom with snacks when it comes to road trips. I always come prepared. I love packing sandwiches, chips, granola bars and fruit snacks. And don’t forget the drinks!!!
- I like bringing a clutch with me for a few reasons. When I don’t feel like lugging my huge purse around its nice to have the essentials in a small clutch I can hook on my wrist. And it’s an essential “going out” necessity.
- Does anyone go anywhere without their phone attached to their hip now days?
Road Trip Playlist
- The perfect playlist is essential to any road trip. If you sit shot-gun take your job very seriously!
Emergency/Essential makeup kit products
- It’s always a good idea to keep some essential makeup items with you at all time. You never know when you may need a touchup!
- There is nothing better than reflecting on old stories and catching up with friends on a long drive.
Alright, that’s all I’ve got for today! I hope you enjoyed my beauty products in my May Ipsy Unboxing and bonus Road Trip Must-Haves!
P.S. I’d really love it if you could share this post! Pin It, Tweet It, Share it to Facebook, whatever your heart desires! Thanks in advance!